You can become a Parish Councillor by applying for co-option.  This is an easy process.  You must have resided within three miles of the Parish for at least 12 months and be aged over 18 years.  All you need to do is write or email the Parish Clerk explaining that you are applying for co-option and include an informal resume.  You will then be invited to attend a meeting where a co-option item will be dealt with.  The Clerk will send you all the information you need to know including two short forms that require completing.  The forms will be registered with West Devon Borough Council, at which point, you will become a voting Councillor.